american flag

E1 Treaty Trader and E2 Treaty Investor Visas

visa types image

E1: Individuals who are engaged in international trade between their home country and the United States may apply for the E1 Treaty Trader visa. Examples of international trade include natural resources, components & parts, E-commerce, and materials such as wood or steel. The granting of an E1 visa is determined by the volume of trade in relation to the number of employment opportunities it generates for the residents of the US. The scale of trade has to be substantial and must constitute more than half of the trader’s overall international trade. The visa is valid for a period of two years but the applicant can request an extension of two or five years.

E2: The Treaty Investor visa (E2) is granted to alien individuals who have a minimum of 50% ownership in a US business. Such an investment must result in the employment of a substantial number of US citizens. The investment has to be in an active US business. E2 visas are valid for a period of five years.

If you have questions about either the E1 Treaty Trader visa or the E2 Treaty Investor visa, please contact us.